Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hot Temper!

My grandmother's recipes are as diverse as can be but her specialty is Cuban, Spanish and American cuisine!


I am the youngest of three girls. I remember sitting in a corner at the age of four and watching my middle sister go into a hysterical rage because she did not want to wear her hair in a ponytail. My grandmother and mother raised us and I always admired and observed their ability to stay cool, calm and collected during a moment of "crisis" such as this. My middle sister spent her life complaining, screaming and overall being obnoxious! Every time her fits would act up, I would see my grandmother walk over to the stove and begin bringing out ingredients.





Here is the cure to a hot temper!






Spanish Frisuelos : A Spanish dessert much like crepes





Ingredients:
  • 1 - 3/4 cups of flour


  • 4 eggs


  • 2 cups plus 1 tbsp milk


  • 2 tbsp sugar


  • 1 tbsp lemon zest


  • olive oil (a few drops for cooking)


  • Dulce de leche nutella


Directions:

  1. Mix all ingredients together in a blender (minus the olive oil and dulce de leche)


  2. Heat up frying pan


  3. Put 2 drops of olive oil on pan


  4. put 2 tbsp of mixed ingredients in center of pan


  5. move pan seesaw motion until the frisuelo begins to peel off


  6. Flip frisuelo to cook other size.


  7. Put frisuelo on plate


  8. Put 3 tbsp of dulce de leche and roll frisuelo inward

  9. Refrigerate for about an hour if you would like to serve it cold, if not sit back and enjoy it warm right from the stove



In my opinion, this recipe is simple to follow and easy to swallow! It is absolutely delicious and easy to put together so there is no excuse to not try it out. Watching my grandmother put it together is one thing but once I did it on my own it came out exactly as I remembered it. Try it out, you have nothing to lose and plenty of soulful calories to gain!

No comments:

Post a Comment